icon packaging

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Feb 19 02:07:33 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 3:56:05 pm C. Boemann wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 February 2009 21:28:16 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > > well that is just the physical place. My point is that we don't want
> > > to be tied in with kde releases, and so I think it would be better
> > > if it is placed in say kdesupport/icons
> >
> > Actually, kdesupport would be fine with me also, though perhaps less so
> > with others (but if you get distros to update often, which is the
> > objective, it might not be so bad having to wait on distro updates,
> > especially if you don't write version dependency into the build system).
> > And it "feels" like about the right place.
> >
> > As I said, it's just that I would be less happy if I have to add Yet
> > Another Package to my build, and I can imagine others might feel
> > likewise.

kdesupport is also a fine idea.  Up to you guys.

There is more maintenance work for you in kdesupport, though.
You'll need to tag it yourself for example.

But kdesupport does make a lot of sense, especially since I doubt
you have any KDE specific code in the oxygen icons.  And no translations.

Interesting.. Fedora 9 has a oxygen-icon-theme rpm which looks like all the oxygen icons.

-Allen