KDE/kdebase/runtime/platforms/win

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Wed Dec 30 12:23:49 CET 2009

Op Wednesday 30 December 2009 10:10 schreef u:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 04:33:28 Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> > For this special code I checked all changes myself and as maintainer I'd
> > say they are ok. They are windows specific anyway... ;-)
> Yep, this is quite OK. But what about others? (this is a question not to you,
> but a general one ;))
>
> It's really great effort to go and fix this, but my concern is that such
> changes shouldn't be done a) in pre-release time and b) without an explicit
> review by maintainers of the code. That's why I'd suspend such changes until
> 4.4 will be released.
>
> I have seen quite some releases when "innocent" pre-release change introduced
> a grave bug :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dmitry.

I agree.

I've said the same thing yesterday on IRC. I think it would be best to prevent 'krazy fixes' after beta2 has been tagged, with the exception of license changes and maybe one or two other checks.

Anyone objecting if I explicitly add that to the 4.5 schedule?

Tom Albers
--
KovoKs B.V.
KvK: 11033334