KDE 4.4 Beta2 (4.3.85) tarballs available

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Dec 19 16:59:27 CET 2009

On 12/19/2009 08:57 AM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday 18 December 2009 23:59:55 Rex Dieter wrote:

>>> -1 here so far, kdebindings is failing somewhere in smoke/plasma for me.
>>
>> I think this should fix it,
>> http://websvn.kde.org/?revision=1063597&view=revision
>>
>> Test builds going now.
>
> Alright, let's aim the release for Monday. :)

For posterity, several other fixes were required to get a successful build.

1.  smokenepomuk was disabled, so anything depending on this failed
(ruby, csharp).
2.  some small breakage in php bindings as well.

A minimal patch against 4.3.85 tarball fixing these is:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/kdebindings/kdebindings-4.3.85-fix-build.patch

We're working to upstream the php fixes, and I *think* smokenepomuk is
fixed in this later largish commit,
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1063412
but that's untested by me.

-- Rex