Minor Point Release Policy

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Dec 11 17:31:15 CET 2009

Am Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009 16:59:36 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> Over at Kubuntu we're trying to concince our technical board that its
> ok to put KDE minor point releases in updates.  However it seems
> there's no formal rules for what is or isn't acceptable in minor point
> releases.  I think it would be a good thing to have some since it
> gives guidance on what should or shouldn't be put into release
> branches after release.  So I wrote some down quickly.  Does this make
> sense to adopt for KDE?  Additions welcome.

My additions/changes:

These releases must only contain
* Severe bugs: security vulnerabilities, severe regressions from previous
   releases, data loss bugs
* Fixes to bugs which are easy to verify and have a report in bugs.kde.org
* Updated translations
+ * Updated documentations
They must not contain
* API changes