About tagging 4.3.1

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at wp.pl
Thu Aug 27 23:03:29 CEST 2009

On Thursday 27 of August 2009 21:50:44 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> they were in 4.3.0. they aren't blockers then, they aren't blockers now.
>  it's more important to get fixes that -have- been made and do timely
>  releases than wait for fixes that have yet to be made.

Well, both bugs were reported after 4.3.0 was released and because I test only
4.3 branch I have no idea whether they were introduced after 4.3.0
(regressions), just before or present for a longer period of time (a'ka
known). You apparently mean it's now more important to backport trunk fixes to
4.3 branch.
While I always assumed they're being backported immediately after being
commited to trunk - this way it would give more time for testings and catching
issues earlier, thus making releases in more timely manner than what you seem
to propose - backporting stuff now and expecting testers to catch in last
minuete every possible problem introduced, not talking about fixing remaining
issues.

from announcement Dirk posted:
"We have a KDE 4.3.1 tagging milestone tonight at 23:59 UTC. If there are
urgent bugs that must be fixed before 4.3.1, please tag them in bugs.kde.org
with the kde-4.3.1-blocker keyword."

--
regards
MM