KDE 4.3.x Schedule

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 20 12:05:39 CEST 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 11:46:21 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 20 August 2009, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 August 2009, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > > when will tagging/release of 4.3.1 and so on happen?
> >
> > Thats a good question, the regular interval would be to tag on the last
> > thursday of this month (so August 27th) and release on first tuesday (so,
> > September 1st).
> >
> > This should work for me, I have most likely the time to do it.
>
> Great.
>
> > Are there any comments? should we delay one or two more weeks? There have
> > been a LOT of commits in 4.3 branch, so I don't see a strong reason for
> > delaying.
>
> I see reasons NOT to delay :-)
>
> The fixes for KIO bugs 195385 and 204322 (fixes which are in 4.3-branch
> now) should not wait, those bugs are quite bad (data loss). Oh and kio_fish
> works agai

Agree, I'll be able to shove in the PR stuff, on the road right now, but we've got
the time a x.y.z release takes down to a minimum. So +1 for a quick 4.3.1. It's also
what our users are expecting -- we've been consistently talking about our "regular
monthly updates", and I understand users are appreciating that a lot.
--
sebas