KAdrresbook and KContactmanager

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 6 00:59:28 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 23:39:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimecres, 5 d'agost de 2009, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> > On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Today KAdrresbook was replaced by KContactmanager that got then renamed
> > > to KAdrresbook.
> >
> > you probably want to email kde-pim at kde.org (where they are alread
> > discussing the bug closing situation, but not the i18n issues)
>
> Wasn't this list about coordinating people?

Yeah, but in practice it'll boil down to Allen reading it here, and then passing your
advice on to the kde-pim list anyway. I think the problem was mainly caused by
unawareness of what works best for the docs team, and that a quick email with "we've
moved this to that place" would make your life a lot easier -- which is something we
all want :)

As to the "Don't we accept bugs for kaddressbook in 4.3" is indeed an issue. We've
had similar situations for other stuff as well, by the way. I'll have to read up on
kde-pim to get a good idea of the details of replacing kaddressbook with
kcontactmanager (and then renaming it), so I can't really tell what would be the best
solution.

> I write here and whoever is coordinating kdepim moves my words to the
> proper people.
>
> I really don't have time to engage in a battle about this issue.

Don't worry, PIM people are nice people :)
--
sebas