Possible 4.3.0 blocker in the Konsole KPart?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 4 11:14:20 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009, John Tapsell wrote:
> We still get lots of flack for the complete mess we made of 4.0 etc.

i won't even argue the basis of your statement, but i will say that regardless
of what anyone thinks about 4.0 it should not create subsequent paralysis and
start us down a path of second-guessing and changing from the accepted release
regimen.

> A high visibility bug like this will cause us even more grief.

it's not high visibility. it's one odd visual artifact in konsole kpart usage
when right clicking, and then only when you can see the top of the scroll
area. it's not great, but it's hardly high visibility or of the sort that will
"cause us even more grief".

> A delay of a couple of days, on the other, people will understand.

if we delayed for every bug of this magnitude, we'd never release. it seems
that in all the noise some of us lost the point that the idea is to release
often with repeated cycles of improvement.

others can crow about how bad that is, but honestly .. they are wrong. so we
can choose between doing the right thing or doing what the loud mouths of the
world think is right. note that now even the SJVNs of the world are eating
their words given the results we're posting.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se