Possible 4.3.0 blocker in the Konsole KPart?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Aug 3 09:20:52 CEST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> You may call it a "feature regression", the author of konsole might call
> it a conscious decision. Looking at the context menu of the kpart and
> the "real" app, they are having the same options. So I guess this might
> have been done on purpose.

That's how things started out as, later some scrollback-
related options normally only available via the Konsole
menu (which is not present in the KPart) were added to
the KPart context menu. Like I said, I assume the two
problems are related - the scrollback actions don't get
merged into the context menu properly and the string
above the prompt is a side-effect.

There was a similar bug in the KPart before the KDE 4.0
release that had the same effect and was also XMLGUI-re-
lated, hence that assumption.

I don't think the missing options were removed intentio-
nally.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org