About Kamala

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Mon Apr 13 15:19:19 CEST 2009

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> playground still has this meaning but afair we changed extragear to
> "stuff that will be released in its own schedule OR does not fit in what we
> think are essential programs of a desktop"
>
> For the second range of programs there is the config.ini file in
> playground/utils/createtarball that lets you add your program for release
> inside the "extragear release" that happens at the same time of KDE releases.

So in this case I think Kamala can live in extragear, and be released
aligned with KDE. I looked at the tree and could not find a suitable
directory, though. Should it be extragear/other, or extragear/misc?
We can later discuss then if our kdegames approach of letting lots of
games in is still valid, given this fact. Maybe we should consider
moving some to extragear/games, which does not exist currently.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini