Improving Communication

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Sep 23 17:08:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 10:58:13 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Thursday 11 September 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
>
> > I tried sending one release announcement to kde-cvs-announce.
> > Where it waited in moderation and never saw the light of day.
>
> Not true, the mailing list is regularly moderated and all such messages are
> approved.
>
> > We could ask the sysadmins to whitelist a few of the release team members.
> > I think I asked about whitelisting my email  address many months ago, but I
> > don't recall why that never happened.
>
> I told you: because we had already faked messages passing the moderation
> because they had the wrong (well, the matching) from address.

Sorry Dirk.
David and I had resolved this a few days ago.
I take the blame for a bad memory of what happened.

In the meantime, David whitelisted me.
But then I asked him yesterday to un-whitelist me.

I think the communication should be a release team duty.  Not my duty.  Not your duty.
But a team responsibility.

So far I don't think we have solution.

-Allen