Improving Communication

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 18:11:17 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 09 September 2008 schrieb Dominik Haumann:
> On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I think we do a terrible job  of keeping the community informed about
> > approaching milestones.
> >
> > Let's brainstorm about ways we can provide consistent, timely
> > reminders/nags. The KDE community should except on-time notifications in
> > a known set of channels.
> >
> > What channels?  Currently we send email to k-c-d and/or k-d mailing
> > lists. Are these the right channels?  Should we use an RSS feed?  others?
>
> Isn't the most important one missing? kde-cvs-announce. Once there was a
> time where all contributors with an svn account were subscribed. I guess
> that's still the case? But it's really silent. A perfect place for those
> announcements though.

I have to agree. I guess most on this list know the schedule pretty well,
but I lack the time to learn it by heart - and I was pretty suprised by
the 4.1 release, as sad as it is. I bet I should have read some random blog
or poll the wiki, but I do neither - I just hack when I have the time to do.

Greetings, Stephan