Release Coordinator

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 9 15:30:44 CEST 2008

On 09.09.08 12:38:25, Martin Schlander wrote:
> Tirsdag 09 september 2008 11:28:01 skrev Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 09.09.08 11:12:08, Martin Schlander wrote:
> > > I would be happy if you would add keeping this page reasonably up to
> > > date, to your list of duties:
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Extragear
> > >
> > > I know technically kdevelop isn't extragear, but..
> >
> > You mean I should remove KDevelop from that page? KDevelop lives in
> > trunk/KDE not extragear. There's currently not even a place in extragear
> > where maintained releasable plugins could live, so I don't see why
> > KDevelop would be listed on that page.
>
> The point of the page is to have a somewhat centralised place where
> translators and others interested can keep track of upcoming releases without
> too much horsing around.
>
> Potentially it would also save release coordinators a little work regarding
> notifying kde-i18n-doc about releases and such I'd think.
>
> While KDevelop is not developed in extragear - it is in some sense "extra
> gear" for KDE. But if you think it's better to have
> techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDevelop, or to not be listed under t.k.o/Schedules
> at all, that's of course up to you and your team.

The point of having KDevelop under trunk/KDE is that it follows KDE's
release cycle/schedule. Unfortunately we're only humans and pretty
limited amount too, so we weren't able to provide something thats
releaseable for 4.1 or 4.2. However that situation has changed now, I
personally and also the rest of the team feels that with the
re-re-visited (i.e. original) 4.2 schedule we are able to ship a C++ IDE
together with the rest of KDE 4.2. So the general KDE 4.2 schedule
applies to us.

Andreas

--
Expect a letter from a friend who will ask a favor of you.