kdesupport discussion on release-team list

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Sep 1 16:20:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just found out these discussions on the release-team list, to which I am not
subscribed:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2008-August/002395.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2008-August/002433.html

My questions are:

1. Is /trunk/kdesupport going to be no longer recommended to build KDE SVN? I
mean e.g. on the techbase page,
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites#kdesupport
Any plan to update that page to no longer recommend to
checkout /trunk/kdesupport?

2. What is the difference between a "tag" and a "branch" ? I seem to see a lot
of overlap between /tags and /branches.

3. So what is the "tag" that I should create for version x.y of eigen: is
it /tags/eigen/x.y ?

4. We are about to release a beta version of eigen but the 2.0 final will have
to wait about 6-10 more weeks. Shall I still create a tag as soon as
possible? /tags/eigen/2.0-beta1 ? Or wait until 2.0 to create a tag?

5. After we create a tag does that mean that we can do whatever we want
in /trunk/kdesupport/eigen2 without risking to break compilation for other
people? This is related to question 1. As long as we tell people to use
kdesupport, making tags is rather pointless.

Cheers,
Benoit