kdesupport changes

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:01:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just found out these discussions on the release-team list, to which I was
not
subscribed:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2008-August/002395.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2008-August/002433.html

My questions are:

1. Is /trunk/kdesupport going to be no longer recommended to build KDE SVN?
mean e.g. on the techbase page,
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites#kdesupport
Any plan to update that page to no longer recommend to
checkout /trunk/kdesupport?

2. What is the difference between a "tag" and a "branch" ? I seem to see a
lot
of overlap between /tags and /branches.

3. So what is the "tag" that I should create for version x.y of eigen: is
it /tags/eigen/x.y ?

4. We are about to release a beta version of eigen but the 2.0 final will
have
to wait about 6-10 more weeks. Shall I still create a tag as soon as
possible? /tags/eigen/2.0-beta1 ? Or wait until 2.0 to create a tag?

5. After we create a tag does that mean that we can do whatever we want
in /trunk/kdesupport/eigen2 without risking to break compilation for other
people? This is related to question 1. As long as we tell people to use
trunk/kdesupport, making tags is rather pointless.

Cheers,
Benoit