Non KDE urls in KDE programs

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 24 17:17:08 CEST 2008

Hi, today i came across a text in Kubrick (Rubicks cube kdegame) (made by Ian
in the CC) that says

The 'Beginner Solution' demonstrated here is from
www.geocities.com/jasmine_ellen/RubiksCubeSolution.html (see that
site for a full description and other solution ideas).  Just over
100 moves solve a cube that is shuffled in 20.

I'm not really sure that linking to that geocities page is correct.

Resons:
 * We don't know who controls that page, it might end up converted in a
children porno/nazi propaganda/watheverYouHateMore page.
 * The page might disappear (as it is now, that is down)

So if we feel we really need to provide such a description on how to solve the
cube i propose to write a similar one and host it in games.kde.org.

And why am I mailing to the release team?

I'd want to know which is the opinion of people on having a policy that
advises against linking to non kde.org links.

Albert

P.S: You can see page contents on archive.org
http://web.archive.org/web/20070718183141/peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/rubikscubesolution.html