Build management software

Per Eriksson pereriksson at openoffice.org
Thu May 8 19:15:21 CEST 2008

Dear Dirk,

The OpenOffice.org Community is very interested in sharing our
experiences around qa and release processes and tools.

(As an IBM consultant I would at work recommend Rational Build Forge,
but let's leave that for now:) )

The Community has written a tool called QATrack, which a month back
reached version 2.0. It covers these areas:

Build management
IssueZilla integration
Localization
RSS Feed
Authentication against main site (CollabNet)

The goal is not the technology, it's the information. QATrack is now a
build information portal, it could be release portal, combining
different systems to provide a single point of information (and be a
record backwards in time).

You can look at the tool here (all info is readable)
http://qatrack.services.openoffice.org/

To get the most out of the read-only experience (e.g set gui language)
register for an OpenOffice.org acocunt here:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join

What different kinds of technologies do you use to keep track of builds
today? Mailing lists/private emails? Wiki pages or Bugzilla for tracking?

Thank you,

Best Regards
Per Eriksson
Marketing Contact Sweden