4.2 Feature Plan

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Mon May 5 17:55:43 CEST 2008

On Monday 05 May 2008 16:37:12 Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> On Monday 05 May 2008 17:23:43 Matt Williams wrote:
> > As for a list which we would show to the public, I guess all the features
> > should be added to trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/changelogs/ in
> > whatever way makes then show up for a 4.1 release.
>
> Won't work, too little people actually care about writing changelogs in one
> central place. :/
>
> I'm running into this pretty much every time we do a release and I want to
> write notes. The really easy way to become famous by the way of release
> notes is being one of the few people writing changelog.

Yes, I've seen your efforts on the panel-devel list but you seemed to do quite
well. That's not to say it was an easy ride and it always helps if there's
more than one person doing the kicking.

> I'm not offering a solution because I don't have one other than kicking
> people in the ass, constantly and even more so around tagging. But that's
> not nice enough for our standards, is it? :-)

I agree, there's not really an easy solution to this. I was impressed by the
number of entries on the 4.1 feature plan, though perhaps that was only due
to high volumes of kicking.

I think what it comes down to is that if people don't want to make the effort
to tell people what cool new features they've implemented then we can't
really force them and they're only really hurting themselves. I for one will
be bullying kdegames to make sure that we add all the features to the
changelogs in time for the 4.1 release.

Matt Williams