[quanta-devel] Please keep KDevelop+KDevPlatform out of KDE 4.1

Keith Isdale keith at kdewebdev.org
Sun May 4 02:07:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am the author of KXSLDbg and related components.

On Saturday 03 May 2008 7:27 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 03 May 2008 10:55:18 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > As before the 4.0 release this also affects kdewebdev/quanta, which also
> > can't be released due to the dependency on kdevplatform (and they're not
> > ready either). I don't know the state of other apps in kdewebdev, so
> > just disabling compilation of quanta in that module should be ok.
>
> I think anything that depends on KDevPlatform needs to be disabled.

That is a shame. I have been working hard to support kxsldbg as a plugin  for
Quanta ie KDevelop+KDevPlatform and was just about to trickle my changes in
to svn.

I am fine with the kxsldbg plugin
	/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdewebdev/quanta/plugins/kxsldbg
being excluded from KDE 4.1. I had kept hoping that the KDevelop+KDevPlatform
stability would get better closer to the release.

> I don't
> know what's with KXSLDbg, as that one was ported to a KDevelop plugin. If
> it still exists as a standalone application as well, it can remain,
> otherwise needs to be disabled until at least KDevPlatform is disabled.
>
> I'm CC'ing to quanta-devel, so the KXSLDbg author can comment.

Andras: I appreciate the heads up, thanks.

The application KXSLDbg
		/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdewebdev/kxsldbg
 works fine as a standalone application and does not use use
KDevelop+KDevPlatform but instead uses the Kate libraries.

Will I need to release KXSLDbg via my source forge project website for KDE
4.1?

Regards,

--
Keith