Non-C++ Apps in KDE Main Modules (Was: Guidance in KDE Admin)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 16:14:08 CET 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008 10:21:56 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Friday 28 March 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > 1) must perform: speed-wise and memory-wise
> >
> > I'd like to add here that those apps should not be resident apps (apps
> > that need to run continuously). I'm not saying that such applications
> > cannot be written in scripting languages, but they should not be
> > installed and run by default. This means that kdebase is probably
> > another module that should not accept script applications.
>
> That would eliminate Jonathan's print config tool from consideration.
> Do you really mean kdebase-runtime?

there's probably also value to having long lived workspace apps written in
compiled languages (they all are right now) as well ... so there are probably
some kdebase-workspace considerations ....

(that said, plasma will use scripting for add-ons more and more)

i don't think, however, that a print configuration matters one whit as to
which language (of the ones that meet the criterion you laid out) it is
implemented in

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se