Non-C++ Apps in KDE Main Modules (Was: Guidance in KDE Admin)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 14:23:16 CET 2008

Updated Policy, based on 1-day's worth of discussion:

For the language
1) must be an open, free language that meets our licensing requirements
2) must be a mature, high quality language with a large, vibrant
support community and a long expected lifespan.
3) must have mature, high quality KDE bindings available
4) must be mature and operational on all our target platforms
5) must be able to provide full translations and internationalizations

For the app:
1) must perform: speed-wise and memory-wise
2) must follow the kde look-and-feel, widgets, etc
3) must follow all our rules (docbook, fully i18n and i10n, Krazy ...)
4) not permitted in kdelibs or kdepimlibs

As is our tradition, the module coordinator, release team, and the KDE
project as a whole will make the final decision about which languages
and apps are appropriate.

Comments?