4.2 Schedule.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Jun 16 18:12:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

As we are approaching the final 4.1 release, I think we can think about the schedule for 4.2 a bit and brainstorm about what we like and don't like. To kick off the discussion, let me throw some ideas around.

Because we became a lot more stable during the 4.1 development, I think we can give it a bit more feature development in the next release. So I would like to suggest to skip the alfa1 completely. Or if you insist, remove one of the beta's and call that alfa. I just don't like the term alfa anymore, as it does not seem to get tested, so I rather keep it with the two beta's.

Also, I think the two beta's should be closer together, like 2 or 3 weeks, but this requires to reduce the time between tagging and releasing (say tagging on Tuesday, release on Friday), else there is not much time for the users to test the beta.

So, all in all, that would be something like:

August - early December: free hacking
~15 December Release Beta 1
~3 January Release Beta 2
~17 January Release RC 1