KDE 4.1.0 tarballs (try #1) update

Robby Workman rworkman at slackware.com
Sun Jul 27 10:14:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> just finished uploadiung the 4.1.0 tarballs. remember to update soprano,
> akonadi, automoc4 and phonon (4.2.0) as well.
>
> Please let me know of any severe issues that you find. I'm currently not 100%
> sure that kdebindings builds at all, I'll look into that now.

Everything compiled here, and initial testing looks good.  Startup feels
a bit slower than I had hoped on my laptop (T41), but is plenty acceptable
on my development machine.

All things considered, congratulations on a good job, kde devs.  All of
the major showstopper bugs I had noted in previous releases seem to have
been addressed.  Thanks!

-RW