automoc in kdesupport-issue

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Jul 27 17:16:14 CEST 2008

Op zaterdag 19 juli 2008 16:06 schreef u:
> > (I would like if kdesupport would be released together with the rest of
> > KDE, or at least be tagged, so later on it is easier to find a matching
> > version)
>
> I think the automoc (and phonon for that matter) releases need a better place
> on ftp.kde.org. And either someone will need to take responsibility for those
> releases or I need to get access and instructions how to do them.

Hi,

If you add automoc and phonon to /trunk/playground/utils/createtarball's config file, the tarballs are automatically created for each KDE release (kde_release = yes).

But you have to maintain that config file. I'm not going to track version numbers, or anything else, I just run that script. Also if you want to announce them somewhere, you need to do that yourself. That's kind of the price you pay for having a kdesupport/separate project.

When I upload the tarballs I can upload them to the 'extra' folder, packagers will find it.

Best,

Toma