automoc in kdesupport-issue

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 14:54:12 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 14:13:17 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Saturday 19 July 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > That's not entirely right. For the last beta I asked dirk to do the
> > automoc4 0.9.83 tarball. You can find it on ftp.kde.org.
>
> unstable/support/automoc4

I suggest to have a toplevel directory for automoc4 and phonon and not put it
in support.

> > I need an automoc4 0.9.84 release as soon as possible, though. (I already
> > released one package on kde-apps.org that needs 0.9.84 when using cmake
> > 2.6)
>
> which svn revision should we use for the new release? note that I don't
> like the %_libdir dependency (it doesn't make sense to install a .cmake
> file which is platform independent under /lib/ anyway).

I'm staying out of the libdir discussion... aside from that I'm fine with
tagging current svn as 0.9.84 and using it for the KDE 4.1/Phonon 4.2 release.

It's not ready for 1.0 yet IMO, but it should get there soon.

> > I think the automoc (and phonon for that matter) releases need a better
> > place on ftp.kde.org. And either someone will need to take responsibility
> > for those releases or I need to get access and instructions how to do
> > them.
>
> I can put new tarballs there and give people access as needed, whatever is
> preferred. I hwoever need the information which svn revision to tag or when
> something got tagged, that I should create the tarball.
>
> While we talk about it, will there be a new phonon release for 4.1.0? :)

I just tagged phonon. You can find it in tags/phonon/4.2.0 now.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de