404 on most of the mirrors

Holger Schröder holger at holgis.net
Thu Jan 31 22:41:11 CET 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 20:48:51 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > Ralf Habacker schrieb:

> >> the 3.97 unstable release was completly removed from the kde mirrors by
> >> unknown. :-(
> >
> > ok, looks like we need our own server. The whole thing we the kde
> > mirrors don't work at all. We've other needs than what ftp.kde.org is
> > made for. We need to release packages like any other linux distribution.
> > We can't just create binary packages of tagged kde versions. At least
> > not in our current state.
>
> There are still the sourceforge mirrors
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=214730&package_id=260
>277&release_id=571059.

i talked to dirk about this at the release event. he proposed, that we give
him access to some directory on some server via rsync, and then he can mirror
the contents of that directory (and its subdirectories) to ftp.kde.org and
its mirrors.

i think that is exactly what we want. so we will have full control over what
we put online, and dirk and the other admins have a simple system.

regards, Holger