404 on most of the mirrors

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 20:12:20 CET 2008

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Saro Engels schrieb:
>> After some problems occured here, I tested some of the mirrors.
>> It seems that the packages have vanished from their current location.
>> Is this an error or do they just have moved somewhere else?
>>
>> e.g. http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/kde/unstable/3.97/windows does not work
>> anymore.
>>
> the 3.97 unstable release was completly removed from the kde mirrors by
> unknown. :-(

ok, looks like we need our own server. The whole thing we the kde
mirrors don't work at all. We've other needs than what ftp.kde.org is
made for. We need to release packages like any other linux distribution.
We can't just create binary packages of tagged kde versions. At least
not in our current state.

CC'ing to release-team - maybe they've an idea how to solve this problem.

Christian