Merging the KDEPIM Enterprise Branch

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Jan 27 14:30:14 CET 2008

On Friday 12 October 2007 10:22:30 Allen Winter wrote:
> Dear Translators,
>
> The Release Team and the KDEPIM Team would like to merge the kdepim
> enterprise branch into the 3.5 kdepim branch so that all future 3.5.x
> releases have all the bugfixes and neat features that the Kolab Consortium
> [1] has added to the KDEPIM applications over the past few months.
>
> These two branches are very similar.  But, there are some new features that
> contain i18n strings which you would need to translate.  We estimate less
> than 100 strings need to be translated.   The handbooks have also been
> modified to describe some of these new features; so there are handbook
> translations to do as well.

FYI:
The merge is now complete.  All new features and strings have been committed.

A full list of new features will be coming soon.

The merge was done on a feature-by-feature basis, very carefully, by top-notch
KDAB people, with bug squashing and stabilization efforts expected over the
next couple of weeks.

We do expect the kdepim enterprise branch to continue to exist; only
differing from the 3.5 branch by the small set of features specific to the
Kolab Consortium customers.

A special thanks again to the Kolab Consortium folks who made this happen.
The new features are pretty damn cool.  Can't wait to seem them all ported
over to KDE 4.

Regards,
Allen