4.1 Release Goals page on Techbase

Joseph M. Gaffney CuCullin at WtFisThat.net
Sun Jan 20 23:21:09 CET 2008

Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 20 January 2008 15:47:15 Joseph M. Gaffney wrote:
>
>> Allen Winter wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> FYI, I put some actual content into the 4.1 Release Goals page [1].
>>> This content was pasted from Sebas' blog, which started out
>>> from an email by Aaron.  And then I tweaked it a bit.
>>>
>>> Please review and modify as necessary.
>>>
>>> -Allen
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Goals
>>>
>> Allen,
>>
>> Would it be worthwhile to provide additional info about the Windows and
>> Mac ports - specifically that these are Windows and Mac application
>> ports, and not all of KDE (such as the desktop), to eliminate potential
>> confusion for those checking out the page?
>>

> Sure.
> Any info that would help us evaluate if we are actually meeting goals would be
> useful. Links, like Benjamin made, would be best probably.
>
> It is nice to have Windows and Mac porting folks monitoring this list and
> providing feedback.  thanks guys.
>
> -Allen

Done - looks like Benjamin took care of the Mac link, I just added the
KDE on Windows link.

-Joe

*Note - not a mac/win dev, just an ever-interested user ;)
*Note 2 - Benjamin Reed did a great job showing off KDE on Mac on
Friday, and Holger Schroder the same for KDE on Windows.  As I had a
windows laptop with me (for shame, I know - work related), I installed
the windows KDE installer (and some apps) during Holger's talk - its
been rather impressive so far!