Move kwalletmanager?

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at bepointbe.be
Sat Jan 12 12:44:41 CET 2008

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli a écrit :
> On Jan 10, 2008 7:50 PM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > available

> > imo.
> >
> > > Yes, I agree. Both kwalletmanager and kmix belong to kdebase.
> > > I think kdebase/runtime would be the correct place for these.
> >
> > I suggested kdebase/apps instead of kdebase/runtime because
> > moving anything into runtime causes a co-installability issue
> > that I'm sure one of the packagers will yell about.
> >
> > But either one of those locations is better than kdeutils IMO.
>
> Agreed, and personally I'm for kwallet in runtime/, it is a runtime
> dependency to me,
> while kmix can probably fit well into apps/.

KMix is a muldimedia application, and so belongs to kdemultimedia.

> > I almost think that ark, kcalc, kgpg, kfloppy, and sweeper
> > could go into kdebase as well.
>
> Agreed for ark (it's a shame that we don't have an unzipper in a basic
> installation),

I disagree...
KDE is the set of all applications in every modules. And a basic installation
would include all main modules.

I would say it is a shame to don't have a mail client in a basic installation.

for me, ark can stay to kdeutils.

> but not for the other ones, they belong to kdeutils IMHO (that's why the
> module exist).

IMO, we should not try to move things to kdebase,  but maybe even the other
way around.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Olivier