Proposed KDE 4.1 Release Schedule

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Mon Jan 7 15:47:02 CET 2008

On Tue 08 Jan 2008 08:38:44 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday 07 January 2008 15:26:21 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:

> > > July should work for Fedora, Ubuntu assuming three months is enough to
> > > do the integration work. Maybe you (or coolo) can fill in openSUSE
> > > plans? (Those on the website are not particularly helpful.)
> > >
> > > For Ubuntu and Fedora it looks like they're releasing in April and
> > > October.
> >
> > I'm glad that nobody remembers us ...
> > Anyway, who cares about distros shipping KDE.
>
> Well, I'm running Mandriva *right now*, so I definitely do. :-)
>
> Can you quickly explain what Mandriva's release strategy looks like, and
> what kind of schedule would be preferable for you?

Two possible dates are common to us. We usually have major version and half
major version releases.

Major ones, 200x will usually be on first week of October
half major, 200x.1 will usually be on first or second week in april

So a July release will be perfect for us, giving us plenty of time to prepare
the major release.

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Project South America Primary Contact