Proposed KDE 4.1 Release Schedule

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 13:12:14 CET 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> July should work for Fedora, Ubuntu assuming three months is enough to do
> the integration work. Maybe you (or coolo) can fill in openSUSE plans?

I could, but as I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it :) The one who
can talk about it is coolo afaik and he is reading this list.

I can say that a release in april or a release in september would fit
openSUSE's release plans.

> For Ubuntu and Fedora it looks like they're releasing in April and October.

Exactly, in align with that other desktop.

> Doing RCs weekly means we need to cut down time for packagers (which I
> think is OK). We should then aim for release of the RC three days after
> tagging.

Yes, I'm perfectly fine with skipping packaging time for release candidates
(all but the first one perhaps).

Greetings,
Dirk