KDE 4.1 planning

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 13:08:13 CET 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008, John Tapsell wrote:

> If we go for every 9 months and sync in best possible with the main
> distros, then it means that there is up to a year between a bug being
> fixed and the user being able to get that new version.  That's too
> long imho.

You're entirely wrong in this case. if we go for a 9 month release cycle, we
align perfectly with the next after the next distro release. If we go with a
6 month release cycle for 4.1, we don't align to anything and are again just
in the middle of nowhere with our bugfix and feature schedule.

Greetings,
Dirk