KDE 4.1 planning

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Tue Jan 8 02:20:59 CET 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008 23:14:55 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 07 January 2008, John Tapsell wrote:
> > I know many people feel 6 months is too short, but personally it's
> > annoying to have people filing bugs that I fixed 9 months ago.
>
> Then you should backport your fixes to the stable branch. ;)
> I'm for the September release.

I completely agree with Andras and think that 9 month release is better. KDE
4.0 release rush was already too much of a change comparing to what we did in
the past. Let's get back right now to proven 9 month release cycle and
experiment no more.

PS: I don't want to see us writing messages like "KDE 4.1 is not yet KDE 4"