KDE 4.0.x planning

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 7 22:36:42 CET 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008 22:22:56 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> What about doing a new minor release each 3 weeks, setting this as fixed
> time? At least for the first period.

3 weeks is really much too often. We'd be tag-frozen half the time and spent a
couple of days a week rolling tarballs and annoying the media with yet
another one-bugfix-release.

It's not like releasing comes at no cost ...

> Or, even better, promising with the announcment of the 4.0 a bugfix/minor
> release each 3 weeks for the whole lifespan of KDE 4.0.

That's even worse. :-)

That said, we need to smoothen our release process somewhat, especially from
the marketing POV. But I guess now that 4.0 (and with it feature releases)
are there again, we can probably do with a one-paragraph text, the usual
boilerplate and a link to the changelog. If only people would write
changelogs...
--
sebas