KDE 4.0.x planning

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 7 20:37:42 CET 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns 07 Gener 2008, Dirk Mueller va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > are there any opinions about 4.0.x release plans already? I would like to
> > schedule 4.0.x releases in roughly monthly schedule, beginning with ~ end
> > of the month.
>
> I agree, monthly updates seems a good idea to me.

+1 here as well; we already have a couple of dozen noticeable fixes for plasma
since the 4.0 tagging so i'm sure there'll be lots of new content to make
such regular releases interesting for downstream.

it would be great to even say "every N weeks, we freeze for tagging and put
out a new minor release"; a reminder a week in advanced on k-c-d and k-d
would be great too so that people are reminded... would likely help keep
everyone's feet moving.

Kevin and i talked quite a bit about time boxed schedules like this when he
visited in the summer; well, he talked and i mostly listened ;) so perhaps
Kevin has some input here as well? *nudge*

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se