KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Jan 4 17:48:54 CET 2008

On Friday 04 of January 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > > I mean, it was that way since February 23rd, 2006, and you changed it
> > > now after almost two years only hours before tagging 4.0.0 without
> > > sending a patch first.
> > >
> > > Although unlikely, this was a source incompatible change.
> >
> >  Change it back if it's so.
>
> What's the current state of 4.0.0 tagging/packaging ?

 I'm not sure, but I think 4.0.0 really doesn't matter that much. This
xf86misc stuff is _very_ obscure, even I barely know what it is. If this gets
changed for 4.1 and 4.0.1 in any way, I don't think anybody will notice.

> > Does that mean we shouldn't touch anything under cmake/ ?
>
> No, I'm actually happy that there are so many people working on the stuff
> there :-)
> Developers just need to be aware that changing things in cmake can also
> mean source incompatible changes.

 Ok.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz