Information about KCron

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:58:11 CET 2008

Hi all,

My name is Nicolas Ternisien, and I am coordinating the KDE Admin
package of KDE.

I would like to know more about the actual status of KCron.
After a little review of it, it seems to be quite powerful, but some
little things could be improved.

Here is a list of questions and ideas :

1 / Who is the main and actual maintainer of KCron ? If nobody is
motivated, I could take the time to make the modification myself.

2/ Does the Save button is really useful ? I think it should be easier
if the modification are auto-applied, but could be still canceled by
an Undo action (Ctrl+Z)

3/ I think the environment variables and the tasks should be totally
separated in two different list, and the main one could be the tasks
list, of course, because this is the main role of KCron.

4/ You have already work on KCron, so I suppose you already thought
about the manner of displaying the next launching date. I don't know
if it will be hard to use the calendar widget or something like that
to graphically display this info. Don't hesitate to inform me about
ideas who had to implement this.

5/ Finally, I also think that the crontab -e description of start
times should also appear to ensure people who already knows the
crontab syntax.

6/ Does someone knows why the Oxygen team did not create a new icon
for KCron ? Is it only my Alpha release of KUbuntu which forgot it ?
Do you know how to contact them ?

Thanks for reading this mail.

Regards.

Nicolas Ternisien