Backporting to 4.1.80

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 18:49:38 CET 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 17:27:45 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Why would you want to backport patches to a tag? It's either branch/
> > (4.1.x) or trunk (next release of that is beta2). Tags are not supposed
> > to change after a release, which for 4.1.80 a.k.a beta1 has happened :).
>
> Because I want it to be on the 4.2 branch that will be created from the
> 4.1.80 tag. No ?
>
> I thought that was the way: we tag from trunk, we branch from the tag that
> were the betas.

No, the beta2 will be tagged from trunk (and the tag made compilable, nobody
besides Dirk (I think) may commit there). Likewise, just before after the
release, 4.2 will be branched off of trunk, subsequent releases (4.2.0, 4.2.1,
...) will be tagged from that branch. Trunk is open for feature commits again
then.

In short: committing to trunk is enough. :)
--
sebas