Backporting to 4.1.80

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 02:08:20 CET 2008

Hi there,

I have tried to backport some patches that were going to be useful while I
found out that I had no karma to commit on tags.

I am placing patches here, with the explanation:

backport.diff:

This patch corresponds to revisions 891277, 891278, 891359 and 891377 in
trunk.

The aiming of this is to behave more perfectly by don't accepting the
open/save dialog when you are going to save. Instead you click one time, and
you can still modify the filename to add for instance a "_2" and then accept
the dialog.

It also fixes other internal problems for stability shake.

backport2.diff:

This was already backported, but made KMail do some strangenesses on its
previous version. I believe all problems are fixed now, and I couldn't find any
regressions. For this reason I would like to see this patch readded.

Basically, it allows users that have the need of special characters being able
to write them when the autocompletion box is shown.

This means that I, as a spanish user can't write "música" when writing "m",
because the autocompletion was popped up and when writing it would look like
"m'usica".

This is a problem regarding event sending. With the tooltip approach this is
treated as a different thing, since it is not a toplevel window (as Popup was).

backport3.diff:

As discussed on usability mailing lists, it is very probably that the
open/save dialog looks amazingly cluttered. This removes two actions from the
main toolbar (icon and detail view switching), since this is not going to be
_that_ used very probably.

Comments ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.