Putting Playground in some order

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 12:55:41 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> a) Projects which have been without a commit for more than five month are
> moved to
> 	tags/unmaintained/playground/$submodule/{3,4}

not really. playground is not maintained so moving stuff from playground to
unmaintained does not mean anything to me.

> b) KDE3 based projects are moved to branches/playground/kde3/$submodule/
> (cmp. branches/extragear/kde3/$submodule)

I think that makes sense.

> So people are aware what is happening and do not continue to do things like
> implementing three power manager applets independently, like currently
> happening.

playground stuff is supposed to appear and disappear at any time, so attempts
at documenting them at utils.kde.org is either very time consuming or always
out of date. I'm not opposed to document playground stuff (quite the contrary),
but keeping the documentation at a completely different place (other than a
README within the subdirectory) is likely to run out of sync fairly soon
again.

How about enforcing (by policy) that each app/dir whatever must contain at
least a "INFO" or a "README" file that describes wht the purpose is, who is
working on it and who should be contacted regarding the code?

Greetings,
Dirk