Putting Playground in some order

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 01:14:29 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 17:58:29 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> should we get some more structure into Playground? I fear it will otherwise
> end in the state kdenonbeta has been before if it isn't already: Lot's of
> started projects, but most of them dead code, making people uninterested in
> looking into it at all.

I agree we should cleanup every now and then -- certainly the dead stuff
should be removed.

And I agree that kde3 apps should be moved into a substructure.

Keeping mostly the same top-level structure is also a good idea.
Doesn't have to be exactly the same as trunk/KDE.

However, I don't want to give too much formality to playground.
We want people to feel free to explore ideas and stuff.

In summary:
- how about an widely disseminated email asking people to remove dead code
and to move their kde3 stuff into playground/$module/kde3

I'm not so sure that we should be moving old playground code into unmaintained.