gambas at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 19 22:10:51 CEST 2008
On mardi 19 août 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > So, having done all this work during a month just to hear that everything
> > will be removed at the day of the release is a bit... rude.
> Benoit, I think the issue here is that people trying to decide what to do
> about it don't have the information necessary to make an informed decision.
> So they default to "revert everything".
> A list of changes you made to kicker here would probably fix that.
OK! I did this list for Danny Allen some days ago. He asked it me for the KDE
Here is this list, in arbitrary order.
1) Desktop names are drawn with a shadow, so that they are readable on a
2) Applet handles now use a themed arrow button. They lost their unneeded
big left margin too (only one pixel now).
3) The taskbar flickers less, especially on desktop changes. Some
unneeded taskbar button repaints were removed.
4) The system tray arrow button now follows the widget theme. The useless
vertical line was removed. The system tray layout algorithm was fixed too.
5) The weather applet button now behaves as other kicker buttons.
6) When moving a panel, the frame is now drawn with top-level unmanaged
windows, using the title bar color.
7) The mixer applet now displays nicely on a transparent background.
8) The anti-aliased clock was fixed. Other little bugs were fixed in the clock
9) The runner applet layout algorithm was fixed.
10) The moon applet displays correctly on a transparent background.
11) The character table applet now follows transparency, and adapt the
character font size to its cell size.
12) The eyes applet is anti-aliased now.
13) The little puzzle game better follows transparency.
14) The "add applet" dialog was fixed: no more unneeded space to its end, and
you can drag & drop any button from it.
15) When a panel has a background image that is colorized according to the
global palette, its one-pixel border is colored the same way.
16) The background image is correctly mirrored for top panels.
17) Panels now work correctly when they have scroll buttons. These scroll
buttons now use themed arrows.
18) Changing the widget theme makes kicker automatically restart. Otherwise,
the layout of some applets may become incorrect.
19) The transparency of many applets was fixed. And now they use "kicker"
buttons instead of normal or specific ones.
20) The background of applets and buttons is automatically refreshed when they
21) In transparent mode, applet handles are drawn with a transparent rectangle
shadow, and not a themed dock bar anymore.
I made two screenshots of these changes, that I sent to Danny. If anyone
wants, I will send them to their private e-mail.
I browsed bugs.kde.org too, and I put a comment "fixed in KDE 3.5.10" in all
fixed bugs (I didn't think that the patches would be reverted).
More information about the release-team