Extragear KDE 4 stable branch

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 4 00:04:43 CEST 2008

Today i've been discussing with KTorrent maintainer the need for a KDE 4
extragear stable branch.

And the outcome is that we need it.

Reasons:
 * He already has a stable and trunk branch (branches/ktorrent/3.1/) vs
(trunk/extragear/network/ktorrent)
 * He is shipping trunk/l10n-kde4 translations with the code in
branches/ktorrent/3.1/

That is very dangerous l10n wise, because in the moment he removes any string
from trunk/extragear/network/ktorrent that was used in the stable branch,
that string will appear untranslated in the next 3.1.x release

That is why i'm asking to create a branches/stable/extragear-kde4/ where we
can put things in the same way we do with trunk/extragear so we can point the
translation scripts from the stable branch to that location.

Any comment?