Pre-approved Languages

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 30 00:34:29 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > It's not something I noticed until after I put it in.  It's in
> > > kdebase because that's where the old one was and in /workspace because
> > > that's the X11 specific stuff.  I added a cmake variable that can be
> > > set to stop it needing pykde at build time.  But it can be moved to
> > > kdeutils if people prefer.
> >
> > Ah, I didn't know that kdebindings had to be built after
> > kdebase/workspace.
> >
> > So, the build order is
> > kdesupport -> kdelibs -> kdepimlibs -> kdebase -> kdebindings ->
> > everything else??
> >
> > If the above is true, then yes, we definitely need to move printer-applet
> > to either kdeutils or kdeadmin.  Either one seems ok with me..
>
> Well currently kdebindings depends on kdebase, for the plasma ruby
> bindings... So indeed there is a problem :/

i'd vote for kdeadmin personally, since it seems to be more of an admin sort
of thing?

of course, if bindings ever get made for another module we're going to be in
this same boat again aren't we? i wonder if later on it might make sense to
split up kdebindings into modules that reflect the KDE/ modules ... so
kdebindings-libs, kdebindings-base, kdebindings-pim ...

i assume this would be a major pain for the bindings teams, but would it be
feasible? if so, when would be a realistic time frame for such a
modification?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se