kdeutils cleanup

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 18:22:00 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 28. April 2008, um 18:06 Uhr, schrieb Allen Winter:
> On Monday 28 April 2008 12:00:16 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:

Please all notice that this discussion first is useful if this prerequisite
becomes true ;)

So anyone interested in such a substitution should first talk to them. Next,
you need to prepare good arguments at this time as there is a something like
a soft feature freeze... ;)

> > > I will personally prefer to have Speedcrunch in kdeutils, because
> > > Speedcrunch could have the look of a standard calculator and is really
> > > more powerful for anyone who wants to make simple computation.
> > >
> > > Similar looks :
> > > http://stuff.forum-software.org/calcs/kcalc.png
> > > and
> > > http://stuff.forum-software.org/calcs/speedcrunch.png
> >
> > You can't be serious.
> > If we try to put this sort of advanced calculator instead kcalc, my
> > company at least will have some customer complain heavily on their 20k
> > machines deplyed with KDE for common users..

Why? I haven't used Speedcrunch, but from the screenshot it doesn't look too
different or more advanced, besides that one can see the history. And a
history is something I as a simple calculator user would very much welcome
("Now, did I really type 727,72 or 72,727? Let's repeat the calculation, to
be sure...")

Cheers
Friedrich