Delaying KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 ?

Matt Rogers mattr at
Sun Apr 20 16:36:53 CEST 2008

On Sunday 20 April 2008 06:09:22 Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> On the agenda for this week is the tagging of Alpha 1. As I understand from
> IRC the fallout from the plasma hacking event is pretty big and the current
> state is less than what we want to display to our alpha testing user base.
> I know KDE is /a lot/ more than plasma, but I feel the overall perception
> of KDE in reviews and perception of users is largely based on Plasma. I
> think we should delay Alpha 1 until this is fixed. Any ETA on that would be
> great.
> Best,
> Toma

Delaying Alpha 1 is not the way to go, IMHO. We need to push Alpha 1 out and 
send the signals to everybody that it's time to get in to release mode. I 
would rather delay Beta 1 instead. 


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : 

More information about the release-team mailing list