KDE 3.5.8

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 26 13:50:51 CEST 2007

On 21.09.07 10:02:43, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It's been a while since KDE 3.5.7 (released may 22nd) and a lot has changed
> in the 3.5 branch since then, so I would like to release another service pack.
>
> As the translators requested some clean up time, I suggest we go with October
> 7th as tagging date and release on 15th.
>
> Any objections? If not, I let everyone know :)

About KDevelop :)

We recently moved to a branch (please no flames anymore, got enough of
that already) and some of us developers would like to merge that branch
back into KDE/3.5 before this release. The thing is, that

a) that branch has new strings (I already changed scripty to update from
the branch instead of KDE/3.5 a few weeks ago)
b) it has new features

I know 3.5 is in full freeze, thats why I'm asking wether we are allowed
to move back at all.

If not, please don't release the kdevelop module from KDE/3.5 when
releasing KDE 3.5.8. We will do a release of KDevelop 3.5.0 at the time
of the KDE release ourselves in that case. (Should kdevelop 3.4.1 be
removed from KDE/3.5 in that case?)

Andreas

--
You will give someone a piece of your mind, which you can ill afford.