Another item to add to your list perhaps?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Sep 24 07:57:15 CEST 2007

On 23.09.07 18:19:40, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Sunday 23 September 2007 15:12:20 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 23.09.07 14:26:04, Troy Unrau wrote:
> > > Hey guys, perhaps this should go on your list at
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals
> > >
> > > KWin Composite has performance issues (big ones) on hardware where
> > > other 3D compositing programs run perfectly smoothly. Perhaps we just
> > > need to optimize for some hardware or something, and it's not a
> > > showstopper (since composite can be disabled), but it will ruin a lot
> > > of first impressions of KWin 4 in it's current state.
> >
> > Speaking about kwin:
> >
> > Not necessarily for the beta-goals, but for the final release somebody
> > should sit down and fix the xinerama issues in kwin as well. I'm rather
> > astonished that xinerama is basically completely broken, because I was
> > under the impression that the "standard" kwin code didn't change that
> > much (i.e. the non-compositing stuff)...
>
> How do you propose we do that when few, if any, of the kwin developers use
> xinerama?

This belongs to a kwin list really, but they should have at least a
remote idea what they changed that completely broke xinerama - I'm not
only talking about windows not being on the screen where I want them.
I'm talking about menus always popping up on the first screen, no matter
where the application window is and about KWin not even knowing there
are more than 1 screens attached.

Andreas, who will now subscribe to yet another ML just to get a usable
KDE4.0

--
Your business will go through a period of considerable expansion.