Another item to add to your list perhaps?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 23 22:12:20 CEST 2007

On 23.09.07 14:26:04, Troy Unrau wrote:
> Hey guys, perhaps this should go on your list at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals
>
> KWin Composite has performance issues (big ones) on hardware where
> other 3D compositing programs run perfectly smoothly. Perhaps we just
> need to optimize for some hardware or something, and it's not a
> showstopper (since composite can be disabled), but it will ruin a lot
> of first impressions of KWin 4 in it's current state.

Speaking about kwin:

Not necessarily for the beta-goals, but for the final release somebody
should sit down and fix the xinerama issues in kwin as well. I'm rather
astonished that xinerama is basically completely broken, because I was
under the impression that the "standard" kwin code didn't change that
much (i.e. the non-compositing stuff)...

Andreas

--
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.